I did a lot of purging today, and man I was ruthless. I went through some of my closet, dresser, and drawers. Most of the time as I was going through my things, these thoughts popped into my head:
- Wait, I still have this?
- OMG, how old is this lotion/chapstick/nail polish/ etc.?
- Did I wear this in high school?
- I would not be caught dead wearing this
- How many purses does one need?
- I barely wear jeans, do I need 6 pairs?
- Someone else will appreciate this more than me
- When was the last time I did gymnastics, 6th grade?
- I’m pretty sure the elastic in this has disintegrated
My plan is to do a clothing/accessory swap with my friends before bringing my many bags to the donation center. Some other items will most likely end up on craigslist as well.
Do you have any other ideas on how to handle my “Purge Pile?”