Yesterday, I got to be a super nerdy bride-to-be and attended the Green Wedding Alliance‘s Committed event, Chicago’s only eco-conscious wedding event.
I bought my tickets for the event approximately 3 days after getting engaged because I knew I wanted to be in a room surrounded by vendors who cared about the same stuff I did.
There was no need for embarrassment like the time I asked a reception venue if they would accommodate a composting service to come collect food scraps, or when I asked what can be done with any extra leftover food (answer: nothing, due to health code stuff).
At Committed, that’s all normal shop talk with these people. My people. I had the chance to meet the following:
- Florists that use locally grown flowers and donate them after the event so others can also enjoy them
- Caterers who use locally sourced ingredients
- Vintage rental companies that use all vintage place settings
- Planners who specialize in eco-friendly events
- Local printers that use recycled paper from a supplier powered by wind power
SO COOL. Anyway, I am nowhere near picking any of these vendors. I still have to figure out where and when this wedding is going to be!
I love it! I so wish I had an event like this to plan my wedding!