With both of us not being around the prior weekend, we missed the farmers market for the second time in a row.
K stopped at Local Foods in the beginning of the week to pick us up some ingredients for dinner, but I then supplemented the rest with a trip to Mariano’s.
We get to pick up our first CSA share with Nichol’s Farm next Saturday, so naturally, we are super excited to see what we will get!
What We Bought:
- Strawberries from Local Foods
- Chicken breast from Butcher & Larder at Local Foods
- Bread from Chicago, IL
- Salad mix from Bright Farms in Rochelle, IL
- Oberweis milk and ice cream from family farms around IL and WI
- Greenridge Farm lunchmeat from Elk Grove Village, IL
- Giovanni Rana pasta from Bartlett, IL
- English muffins supposedly from Milwaukee, WI, but I need to do some research into that one
- Sweet potato from somewhere probably not nearby
What We Learned:
- I miss my daily banana. My fruit bowl is so empty.
- The amount in our recycling bin has been decreasing because we aren’t buying as may products in plastic and cardboard.
- Some challenges may be coming up, such as with baking goods like sugar and chocolate chips.
- Returning the glass Oberweis bottle to the grocery store earns you $1.50 back