We had been waiting in anticipation for our first CSA share and oh boy it was a lot of greens! Our box was jam packed with goodies and I am excited to eat the produce that I know and the new ones as well.
What We Bought (all from CSA box):
Baby leaf Salonova Lettuce
Red rover radishes
Red spring onions
Rapini (Broccoli Raab)
Red Russian Kale
Earliglow Strawberries (plus an extra box because I love strawberries)
What We Learned:
- I have gotten a little caught up in trying to get everything local that I really forget how I originally laid this challenge out. We were going to focus on produce, meat, dairy, and eggs, and I basically forgot that. Back to focusing on those main pieces from now on.
- Is local olive oil even possible?
- CSA shares are awesome
- We are so glad we got the half CSA share, where we get a box every other week, instead of every week. We would need a bigger refrigerator!
- We can bring back our CSA box to the farmers market for them to reuse #score
- We are going to have to start making smoothies
- Rapini tastes like leafy broccoli and we are in love!