We still have so much produce from our CSA share last week. Thank goodness we did not get the full share where we would pick up every week.
Since we still had so much to work through, we did not visit the farmers market this past weekend. We needed to concentrate on what we had left!
A variety of recipes were tried this week. We had some pasta with sauteed spinach and spring onions one day. One night was veggie pizza night and I am usually against having vegetables on my pizza, but it was delicious! We used the broccoli raab and asparagus for that. Kale and quinoa were also on the menu one night.
In order to work through some of the spinach, I forced myself to start making some smoothies as well.
What We Bought:
- Oberweis milk from family farms around IL and WI
- Turano bread from Berwyn, IL
- Greenridge Farm lunchmeat from Elk Grove Village, IL
- A couple other things that don’t make it under the local label
What We Learned:
- Shaved asparagus pizza is amazing! Check out the recipe.
- Our blender is really bad (we have no idea where or who it came from)