I can’t believe it has been seven weeks since we have started this local journey.
Our refrigerator is full of so much green and our cabinets are looking more full of less processed products.
On Wednesday I brought my CSA box back to the farmers market and picked up some raspberries. Instead of taking the carton the raspberries came in, I brought my own produce bag and plopped them in my berries colander when I got home.
What We Bought (Almost All from CSA box):
Red frill mustard
Greenhouse Cherry tomatoes
Yellow Spring onions
- Raspberries from Mick Klug Farm in St. Joseph, MI
What We Learned:
- We still need to up our arsenal of recipes for veggie meals, often we are just cutting up a bunch of greens and tossing it in a pasta or salad
- Smoothies aren’t so bad after all
- K really did not like having to shell those English Peas
- Still not sure what to do with radishes