It was not a CSA week this week and I eat fruit pretty fast, so I had to run over to the farmers market to get some supplemental fruits (and a giant sweet potato).
What We Bought:
- Oberweis milk from family farms around IL and WI
- Greenridge Farm lunch meat from Elk Grove Village, IL
- Turano bread from Berwyn, IL
- S. Rosen French rolls from Chicago, IL
- Peaches from St. Joseph, MI
- Blueberries from Marengo, IL
- Sweet potato from Marengo, IL
What We Learned:
- I tried the beet smoothie K made last week, unfortunately, I think I used a little too much beet and not enough berries…
- We got almost got through the rest of our CSA box this week!