We are ALMOST FINISHED WITH AN ENTIRE BOX!!
The cauliflower is on the meal plan for tomorrow, and I eat an apple every day. Now what to do with all those cucumbers?
Sixteen weeks into this journey K has finally figured that we should take a closer look at a more plant-based diet. We shall see where that takes us.
Our CSA box runs through October and it is already time to start thinking about signing up for a fall box that would last through December. It is definitely something to consider!
What We Bought:
- Brussel sprouts from Marengo, IL
- Spring lettuce mix from Marengo, IL
- Oberweis milk from family farms around IL and WI
- Turano bread from Berwyn, IL
- Corn from the Midwest (grocery store was not very specific…)
What We Learned:
- How to freeze apples, beets, corn, and tomatoes. The apples and beets will be used in smoothies and the tomatoes for sauces.
- How to blanch tomatoes.
- K tossed some of the frozen corn into our chicken and bean quesadillas the other night and it was super convenient to have cut up corn on hand.
- We did end up getting additional corn from the grocery store, but both of us have declared that farmers market corn tastes way better.