Just as we started figuring out how to deal with all the leafy greens like spinach and kale (ex: smoothies), their growing season has started to wind down.
We are looking forward to our next CSA box which should include some summer crops of raspberries and carrots.
What We Bought:
- Oberweis milk from family farms around IL and WI
- Turano bread from Berwyn, IL
- Greenridge Farm lunchmeat from Elk Grove Village, IL
- Greenridge Farm chicken sausage from Elk Grove Village, IL
- Did do some random shopping at Trader Joes
- Non-local flour and sugar
What We Learned:
- The quality of your blender makes a huge difference when making smoothies.
- Spinach season does not last forever. Thank goodness!
- We still don’t know what to do with radishes…