Today, our donations are being picked up by Amvets (see earlier post for where everything else is going). So I got to spend most of yesterday afternoon hauling bags up from the basement. The majority of this stuff had already been piled to be donated, or had yet to come from my closet. Right now I have the basement divided up into numerous piles:
- To be moved with me
- To be donated to Amvets
- To be donated to Neat Repeats
- To be recycled
Luckily (sarcasm) we have a room in the basement that has essentially become our holding area of stuff. We just call it “The Room” and usually if anything is in there, it is meant to be donated, stored for the time being, or we just are not sure what to do with it.
Here are some things you can see in the above picture that are heading out the door to someone else who may need/want it:
- Alarm clock/ipod player from college that woke me up for the past 7 years
- Some pots and pans that I am not even sure where they came from
- 2 yellow Target pillows from college
- Denim loveseat cover
- My brother’s old bed spread
- Old Christmas decorations that have to be 20+ years old
- Lap desk that I did lots of homework on and occasionally use as a meal tray
- Lamp base I bought at a garage sale in IN
We do not use this stuff sitting in “The Room” and I am sure someone else could. So I am glad my pillows will get to spruce up someone’s home instead of sit in my basement.